New Annabels Members Club< Return To London
After 2 years of a patient wait, the brand new Annabel’s private members club has finally opened its doors, 100 founding members have been given a special key and the rest 1000 lucky members received their first Members cards. It’s rumoured that there are more than 15,000 people on a waiting list right now, and trust me.. its worth the WAIT!
Retail tycoon Richard Caring, who bought Annabel’s and four other Birley Clubs from Birley in 2005 for £95 million invested extra £55 for the refurbishment of the true treasure in the heart of London. Located in a Grade I listed Georgian townhouse at 46 Berkley Square in Mayfair, just two doors from the original club and said to be the most important Georgian building in London after Buckingham Palace, its a whopper, spread across four floors and over 26,000 square feet. There are 4 main restaurants – ground floor & garden, Mexican restaurant on the fourth floor with over 6oo types of tequila and at the basement – nightclub restaurant, 7 bars, 2 private dining rooms, a garden terrace, a cigar salon and one VVIP Legacy Room.
The brand NEW Annabels is a true Jewel of art and design: with Picasso painting which welcomes you just right at the entrance to the secret life of the Mayfair Jewel. More art pieces by Modigliani, Chagall, Leger and Picasso have been spotted in a tiny private bar for Legacy members only.
Well, I think the ladies powder rooms deserve its special attention. I can truly spend hours there and I totally agree with Tatler magazine – “their ladies loos are the best in London”, maybe in the whole Entire world. A pink heaven with hand-embroidered silk panels on the walls, artificial peonies on the ceiling, pink onyx elements and with gold swan taps. Where else can you see anything like this? Right, only in London, only at New Annabels, and I am proud to be part of it!
To make it more intriguing for you, here are FACTS WHICH YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NEW ANNABELS:
- There is a dress code, written by Derek Blasberg, that will not welcome “cheap, ill-fitting suits”, “shoes that women cant walk-in”, “sunglasses at night”. “nipples on women” “nipples on men, especially”, “visible panty – lines” or “dirty fingernails”
- There are 18 different outfits for staff, and everyday its a surprise to them as well as all the guests, what they will be wearing on the day: From hand embroidering suits for gentlemen to fur vests and scarfs for ladies.
- They’ve hired a dog walker, billed as ‘the world’s finest’, who is there to look after the members’ prized pooches (the whole club is dog-friendly).
- They also have an ice-carver, whose sole job will be to carve out different-shaped ice cubes for the various cocktails.
- You’ll never have to bother checking your BBC Weather app to see if it’s safe to sit outside – not when Annabel’s have hired someone to take three different weather reports every day to analyse the conditions on the terrace, which is protected by 22-ton retractable glass roof to facilitate year-round dining in the restaurant garden will be open on a sunny warm day.
- The dancefloor in the basement club is hydraulic, meaning it can be turned into a stage in a matter of seconds. Or make for some really trippy late-night dancing sessions.
- Sore feet? No problem – just change into a pair of bespoke Annabel’s slides, which they’ll have handily stashed by the dancefloor.
Thank you, Richard Caring, from the bottom of my heart. To say you took LUXURY on another LEVEL is like not to say anything at all. WOW!!! You Absolutely WOWED me and MY HEART from now on belongs to New ANNABELS. My ABSOLUTELY favourite place in the world right now!
Annabel’s at 46 Berkeley Square is now open, www.annabels.co.uk.